Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
UX Workshop: Developing Design Principles
Tuesday, March 5, 2013 from 9:30 AM to 4:30 PM (CST)
This workshop will help you communicate more effectively with designers, developers, and marketing people in your organization.
Creating Design Principles will help your team define accountable tactics from your business strategy. Once you have established a strategy for your business or product, how do you ensure the rest of your team is on the same page? When it comes to defining tasks and executing the vision you need a communication framework to establish a meaningful set of guidelines to provide everyone with the tools they need to creatively solve problems.
What you will learn
- How to describe the product vision in a way that others can understand within their own context
- How to identify the key emotions you need to evoke from your customers
- How to explain the end-user behaviors your are trying to create
- How to create accountable and meaningful design and development tactics
- How to formulate meaningful design principles that will establish a coherent set of rules for design and development
After completing this workshop, you will have the following:
- An understanding of how to apply the Idea Momentum process to effectively manage the "Fuzzy Front End" of product development
- An accountable method for vetting, evaluating, and prioritizing decisions about design, development, and features as it applies to end users
Concept development is a crucial stage in defining your overall business and product strategy and too often it's overlooked as a place to apply structure and process. Left unmanaged, it can consume more than half your budget and most of your teams' energy. Getting your team to buy into the overall strategy is one thing, but helping them understand what it means to their day-to-day tasks requires more concrete language.
Who should attend
Anyone responsible for the revenue performance of a product or service. This includes decision-makers and other senior staff who define and execute strategies within their organization. Some of the previous attendees were:
- Startups trying to differentiate their offering
- Developers and designers tasked with creating a new product or service
- Marketing professionals redesigning an existing product or service
About Idea Momentum
Workshops are led by Idea Momentum's senior principals, all of whom have more than 20 years of experience in User Experience, Software Development, and Product Marketing. Check out the Idea Momentum website to learn more about the company.
About the Instructor
Brian Maggi is the Principal and founder of Idea Momentum. He leads several of the workshops and assists with the development of curriculum and content. He is recognized as an expert in User-Centered Design and Product Development with over 20 years of industry experience.
All workshops are held in our comfortable and conveniently located Chicago office. Workshops begin at 9:30, but plan on arriving by 9:15 in order to check in, grab some coffee and get situated. We will take a short break for lunch which we will provide. The day will end between 4:30 and 5:00.